There's these boys. They stole my heart. They call me Mom.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

PLAYING KETCHUP

*a quick catch up from the past few days*

LOVE.
I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY.
I LOVE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES.
I HATE THAT THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE.
I LOVED MY "VALENTINE'S DINNER" LAST NIGHT.
I HATE THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF SAID DAY.
I FIND IT DUMB TO BE ROMANTIC ON A SPECIFIC DAY.
BUT...

Here are two of my valentines.  Coop "angry" about my picture taking.  
Jay won't allow pictures of us, so I just take pics of the kiddos.  They ate pizza at Carrabba's and while Jay and I were enjoying our Marsala's (he had pork, I had chicken) they were enjoying their "hot fudge sundae".  (I had been at the gym, so Jay picked up the boys at the gym so I could go shower before dinner.  They ate their pizza while I was at the showers).  A pitcher of Sangria split between us, and then I had an extra glass.  I could have had 2X the amount of Marsala, Lentil Soup, and Sangria and still not have had enough.  I LOVE that stuff.  
I had to change what I ate while there, since being GF.  I didn't get to eat any bread, so I stuck my finger in the olive oil/garlic dip.  I also had Italian green beans instead of my usual pasta side.  I miss that pasta side.  It was devine.  I miss so many things.  I had to ask for the GF version of the marsala.  It tasted no different.  I was so happy about that.  Thankful they have that option.
I haven't had any alcohol in a while now.  I slept like a baby last night.  It was great.
So, as much as I dislike V-day.  I LOVE that it gives Jay a reason to take me to Carrabba's.
coop on the velcro wall


Over the weekend we had planned to go to the San Antonio Stockyards and Carnival with some friends, but the weather wasn't cooperating.  So we went to a local indoor "playplace".  I had never been but so glad we went.  There was a lot for the kiddos to do, at a reasonable price (way cheaper than the stockyards).  The velcro wall, miniature bowling, a rockwall (no pic) and lot's of bouncy things.  They also had batting cages (kids didn't do, but I had wished they did).  They had fun, and it wore them out.
tato on the velcro wall

coop bowling
tato bowling



Monday I made homemade turkey GF meatballs.  I didn't have any GF breadcrumbs, so I had to make some.  Then put them in the crockpot with a can of cranberry sauce, some ketchup, a little grape jelly (because I put too much ketchup, then I had put too much grape jelly, so had to add more ketchup.  I guess that is why most people follow measurements) and some frozen chopped green bell pepper...oh and a dash or so of red pepper flakes.  I put those on "keep warm" until dinner.  My crockpot sucks, and "keep warm" is more like medium/high.  I guess I only have one temp on my crockpot now.  Oh well.  Need to look into buying a better one.

raw, rolled meatballs


baked meatballs, i cleaned off the "fat" before putting in the crockpot

the after product.  steamed rice and Asian cucumbers
So I made 35 meatballs, and after everyone had dinner, there were 4 left.  Bade ate 10 by himself...and wanted more.  I had to stop him because Jay wasn't home yet, so he hadn't had dinner.   Bade and Cooper always have a fruit with dinner, and this night Bade had BB and Coop had strawberries.  Since Bade was still hungry after his meal, he ate a banana.  The boy must be growing.  I have no idea where he puts it all.  He is a rail.
Baseball season officially starts this Saturday.  First practice is next week.  I CANNOT WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment