There's these boys. They stole my heart. They call me Mom.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Slippery When Wet

Rain. Rain? 80%?  
Sometimes I wonder where these meteorologist get their information.  The government might actually do a better job of predicting the weather.  
Who am I kidding.  
The government couldn't, but I betcha I could.  Jay says I am "negative" on the subject of rain, and that it might actually rain if I believed it would.  So today...today I tried to believe the forecast.  Look what it got me.  Not a drop of rain.  So...sorry for the negativity, but I am going to believe my predictions over those of the weather dude/dudette. 
I am posting about the weather because, well, the forecast ruined what could have been a great day at the gym.  I decided not to get my butt to the gym today because I didn't want to fight traffic in the "pouring rain".  I could have very well made it to the gym, and probably without a hitch...but no, I stayed home and worked on a diaper cake for my bestie's baby shower, cleaned house, did laundry, searched recipes, went to the grocery store, and topped off my outings with a trip to the hardware store.  (project pictures to come from the two projects I will be starting soon)
It was productive, don't get me wrong.  But I would rather have gone to the gym so I wouldn't have to go tomorrow.  Tomorrow.  Evening.  Late.  I hate getting the boys home so late, but I will place blame on the weather this time. 

On a positive note, I found some delish (they looked delish, we'll soon find out) recipes and made a dessert tonight. I had to tweak it to make it gluten-free, but I am pretty sure "my" version is just as delish as the gluten-full recipe.  I found this recipe while searching for dinner ideas, so I added what I needed to my grocery list, and set out on my way to conquer the grocery store with both boys in tow.  I have to say here that this was a long, annoying, very badly behaved (on the boys and me) outing to the store.  One boy at a time to the store is simple, but both.  They just feed off each other, and it makes. me. nuts.  I apologized later.  They did, too.  All is right in the Holland house again, but now I remember why I try to get the grocery shopping (and any errands) out of the way while the oldest is in school.
Anywho, where was I?  Yes, okay, so instead of the cake mix that this recipe calls for, I used Pamela's yellow cake mix which is shown here.
I have never used it to make a cake, I have my own recipe for that, but I have used it for a topping in a pumpkin bar recipe and it seemed to work just fine.  So, I figured it was worthy.  IT WAS.  It was very worthy.  It did the job, and these things are so yummy.  Rich, so cut them into small bars.  From what I have read, the instant vanilla pudding is already gluten-free, so no need to find a replacement for that.  So follow the recipe as stated, but use the Pamela's cake mix instead.  Easy Peasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment