There's these boys. They stole my heart. They call me Mom.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Situation

Not for the faint of heart.  Or really anyone, but it's one for the record books.
This morning as I was getting coffee and Cooper's breakfast ready, I hear, "Mom, could you come here please and look at this?"  
 Now, every morning while I am getting his breakfast ready, he is usually doing his normal "just getting out of bed pee"  TMI, well I am sorry, I am a mom...there is nothing that won't be discussed here.  Gross.  Yes.  Part of life.  ALWAYS.
So of course, I am aware that "this" is in the bathroom.  Great.  Here we go again. (Yes, again.)  Morning disgust.  Life of boys.  Yay!
 Coop was fixing to go pee, but stopped himself in disgust to have me take a look in the toilet.  Let me just say that Bade had obviously forgot to flush.  There was something still there.  I don't want to go in to detail.  I won't go in to detail.
So, I roll my eyes and flush the toilet while Coop starts to discuss how Bade needs to remember to flush the toilet...etc.  
Well, "it" wouldn't go down.  It just sat in the toilet.  Didn't budge.  I flushed a few more times...NOTHING.  Coop by now, has decided he will just hold it and leaves the room to leave me with "it".  
JOY.
Jay is in bed because of a really late night of work, so I decide to leave it there.  Maybe a soak in the toilet for a while will help it out. 
I go on about my morning business and get started on some chores.   To my great joy, I get the opp to Facetime with my friend for a while.  During my chat, Jay is getting ready to go to work and I inform him of the "situation" we have in the bathroom.  "Great" was his reaction.  So before he gets ready to leave, he takes a look at the "situation".  He is shocked and in the middle of my chat with Jenny (who is fixing to be a mom...of a boy) Jay asks me for a plastic knife.  He couldn't believe Bade was the culprit of something so massive.  I can, I have seen this before.  Sadly.  I inform Jenny that it quite possibly was the size of (her hubby) Willis's foot.  She laughs.  But one day, she will be having this conversation with her husband while I am on the other side of FaceTime.
I am disgusted.  The mere thought of what Jay will be doing with said plastic knife is making me dry heave.  He can't seem to understand that we don't have any plastic knifes, and he says that I better give him something to "break it up with" before he uses a utensil that I like.  I beg him to just get a hanger and bend it up to make it strong, but he refuses, and poor Jenny is getting to hear all about Bade's poop.  He attempts to flush it once more...and surprise!  It breaks in half and goes down.  Finally.  Now I just need to plunge the toilet. 
The situations we parents find ourselves in.

Now that all the gross stuff is behind us, let's talk food.  I know I am hungry after reading that post.  
Tonight for dinner, I am making this

 It sounded so delicious when I was searching for recipes.  It is Gluten free, as long as you use G-free soy sauce.  The recipe was so easy, I hope it is good because it will be a go-to for me.  I love roast.  I am also not using my crock-pot because it cooks way too fast.  The meat is always tough.  So I am using my Paula Dean cast iron dutch oven.  I love it.  I can't find it online, I got mine from Ross.  Don't guess she makes them like mine anymore.  I use it to cook everything.  It goes on the stove and in the oven.  It's easy to clean.  It's HEAVY.  Get one.
So we will see how this recipe turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment